PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lemons vs. Oranges

Today someone told me after hearing about my life that it is a wonder I have the ability to get dressed, walk a straight line and form sentences.  I have often thought about my past and wondered how I came to be an independent, functioning adult.  I have often thought about my present and wondered how am I going to get through this.  I have often thought about my . . . well, honestly I don't think much about the future anymore.  I am an adult.  This is my life.  These are the cards I have been dealt and I am making the best of them.  When life hands you lemons, don't sit there and wish they were oranges.  Live for today and be proud of who you are.  Don't forget about the past.  It made you the person you are today. But don't dwell on it either, because there is no changing it.  The most you can do is learn from it and not repeat it.  As long as you can get dressed, walk a straight line and form sentences, you're doing damn good!

2 comments:

  1. Well said!
    Don't wish you have oranges when you are handed lemons...make lemonaide!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi quirky! nice to see you out here! i blog, mostly to sort out my family demons. a little self-medicating in the ether is good for you!

    you know me in real life... but i don't really 'cross the streams' between the blogosphere and the day-to-day stuff! looking forward to reading your words and seeing what you've got to say to us all!

    (and you are STILL the only person to teach me to dance with a shirt!)

    ReplyDelete