PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lo Siento

I decided that I needed one more post in the month of July.  My postings have been few and far between recently as I try to figure out who I am and where I am going.  Without much response to my request for goals, I am toying around with some ideas of my own.  Hopefully, the prospective tenants we have lined up to rent our house in the next town over will come through and one of my new goals can be saving money.  Rental tenants will also mean that I will have a source to fund said goals once I have finalized them.  The prospective tenants are four college-age boys.  Not the ideal, no, but they are people who are willing to pay rent.  Their credit is good and combined they make enough that the rent is affordable to them.  The only thing that made us think twice was their lack of credit - some of them have none.  But when I really thought about it, the thing that was really making us think twice was their age.  But if we got a family in there to rent the place in their twenties with young kids and no credit, we would think that was great.  So why not these boys?  We can't legally discriminate based on age and that's what we would be doing if we turned them down.  So, we wait on our packet from the property management people and hope that we have some rental income soon.  My hubby thinks we are going to be "fat cat landlords".  I have reminded him that in order to qualify for the "fat cat" status, one cannot still be paying rent to someone else.  At least in my opinion.  So "plain old landlords" we will be.  Hopefully this will help relieve some financial stress around here as well as allow us to do some more saving for our daughter's college fund.  We were kind of worried that when they saw my hubby's salary, they would expect a ginormous family contribution not acknowledging that we are paying our rent and an additional monthly mortgage.  It'll be nice not to panic when we do the budget each month.  Hmmmm . . .  I'll have to find something new to worry about.

P.S.  If you don't know, "lo siento" means "I'm sorry" in Spanish.  Which, I must point out to my daughter who is fed up with me using random Spanish words where they don't apply, is totally applicable in this situation.  Gracias!  Lo siento!  Burrito!  Amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment