PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Close a Door and Open a Window . . . or a Book!

Ok, you know that book review blog that I was writing book reviews for?  Well, I quit.  Now, before you get all up in my grill (that's what the kids say) about quitting, allow me to explain.  My decision was made for two main reasons: 1) There were a lot of ads on the blog.  I didn't like how cluttered it was and I also realized that the woman coordinating things was probably making money off of those ads and 2) Everyone who wrote a book review for the blog totally loved the book they read.  It was a bit much.  I mean, come on, can you adore everything that you read.  I was doing a scale of one to ten and I had everything from a ten to a seven.  In fact, one of the books I am currently reading will be getting a two unless something amazing happens.  I would have felt strange putting that review on there though.  I just wasn't getting the "highly recommend" thing for each and every book.  The lady who ran the blog was nice enough when I resigned.  She was looking for people to promote the blog and I just didn't feel really right about that.  But, don't fear fair citizens of Cyberville!  I will still be reading and voicing my opinions.  Only now I will be doing it on my own book review blog.  It is called "Cover to Cover Uncovered" (pretty catchy, huh?) and can be found at http://www.myliteraryopinions.blogspot.com/.  I hope you will all take a moment to check it out and maybe even become a follower.  I really appreciate all of your support as I try out this new adventure.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment