PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Aloha Envy

Well, it was a great weekend with my parents.  Watching them play on the Wii was priceless.  Now its back to life.  Back to reality.  The kid is sick today.  School starts tomorrow.  Don't exactly know how that's going to work out.  That would stink if she had to miss the first few days of her senior year.  But lets focus on what's really  important here - Hubby going to Hawaii without me.  He's gone on trips before and yes I have been jealous but this time the green-eyed monster lurks deep in my soul and is often making appearances at the surface.  He says "Its for work" and "I don't even like the people I'm going with".  Hello!  Its still Hawaii!  There's really nothing that can dampen a trip to Hawaii other than a major hurricane (or is it called a typhoon in the Pacific?).  He says "Its no fun going all of these places without you".  But somehow, I think its got to be more fun to be the person who goes to all of those places than it is to be the person sitting at home dealing with normal, everyday life waiting for the other person to get back.  I want to walk on the white, sandy beaches.  I want to sneeze when they put a lei around my neck when I arrive.  I want to meet Dog the Bounty Hunter.  The one time that I REALLY want to go with him, I can't.  It wouldn't be worth it.  Our daughter has a major color guard competition that she can't miss (but my husband will) on that Sunday.  So we'd have to travel Monday.  We have a wedding that Friday (that he swears he will be back for) so we'd have to come back Thursday.  Which would leave us two days.  Two days in paradise and that's all.  Not worth the price of airfare.  Especially when everything at the house we are renting out keeps breaking so we probably won't see an actual rent check until 2013.  Oh well, at least I'll get a pretty postcard.  They say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".  I think they meant to say "hell hath no fury like a woman whose husband goes to Hawaii without her".  Boy guy, he"ll have to deal with Hurricane Me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I've been there before!! Michael went to Trinidad a couple years ago. He'd call me while sitting outside, and I could hear the tropical birds & the music. Yeah, it's a real bore down there! HA! Actually, with him, it normally is. He has no real "play time" in his schedule - when he's not teaching at whatever site he's visiting, he's in the hotel room working on the next day's lectures, only typically going outside for a smoke break. That is, unless he's out in Wyoming, where he goes on long drives & takes pics of the mountains & texts me how gorgeous it all is. Oh, & he's going back next month......but, I better stop before my own monster rears her nasty head! lol ;)

    I say, while he's gone, get some purty tropical flowers in the house (sneezes and all!), play island music & have a few drinks!

    ReplyDelete