PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cannonball!

Ok peeps!  I am finally back.  After our visit from Frontrunner was set for this week and then cancelled Monday of last week, she actually came Thursday of last week with less than 48 hours notice.  What a roller coaster!  Things went well during her stay and tears were shed when she left yesterday.  It looks like this may really work out.  Provided there are no surprises, she should be coming to live with us at the end of June.  Her visit here allowed us to be more at ease and thus more ourselves which helped contribute to everyone being more comfortable.  She and our daughter got along well.  Our daughter said to me at one point "Mom if there's something she does that I don't like or agree with, I just think of you and Uncle Crazy (my brother).  You two don't like all the same things and don't always get along but that's what having a subling is about."  Quite insightful for being raised an only child.  Frontrunner has decided to change her name - first, last and middle.  New name, new start.  She will be taking our last name - something that makes us very happy.  There will be much teaching and guiding and modeling to be done but she was showing signs of accepting a positive influence.  It will be a change.  There is no denying that.  But the change is one I think we as a family can handle.  We as a family meaning all FOUR of us.  Here I go again, jumping in the deep end but at least this time I got to dip my toes in the water first.  Now I feel like its me jumping and not being pushed in.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful! So positive and on-track! I have a friend who was adopted as an older child, & she also changed her full name for the same reasons - 100% fresh, new start. Makes my heart smile even broader knowing there will be another member of the family by summer!! (provided.........) And, of course she knows this despite being raised an only child - she is full of love and thoughtfulness and respect, because you guys have raised her right. I'm so happy to call you family!

    ReplyDelete