PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Poet in Me

                                           To Get Something You've Never Had,
                                  You Have To Do Something You've Never Done
                                                                  by me

Feeling helpless, without a clue.
Not knowing what I should say or do.
Not knowing my place or where I fit in.
How can you know when I can't begin
to feel how strongly a mother should feel?
An official paper - does that make it real?
I'm damned if I do, I'm damned if I don't
I'm damned if I'll sit while you tell me she won't.
But that's just the start, just the tip of it all.
Why take a step when you feel like you'll fall?
Should I push?  Should I wait? Should I venture a word?
I would but I fear that my voice won't be heard.
To know what is truth and to know what are lies
someone take the blindfold off my eyes.
I don't know how long till these feelings are through.
It may be a while before I can trust you.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    Let me say - without venturing a word, you are most definitely not being heard. A friendly call, just to "check in," maybe to see if there's anything special you need to do for her upcoming visit ... at least you will have spoken.

    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete