PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lights Out!

Do you ever feel like you are completely in the dark?  That's how I feel right now.  Like I am completely in the dark.  We got back from Faraway last Sunday and haven't heard a peep from anyone involved with this adoption process.  No "How was the trip?".  Nothing.  I thought for sure that our worker would be all over it when we got back but nada.  I thought for sure her worker would follow up with us on how things went but nope.  We've had plenty of friends and family ask us all about it.  But nobody who should care, whose job it is to care, seems to at all.  Another proof that the system is indeed broken.  Our Frontrunner is supposed to be coming here to Suburbia in about a week to visit us on our turf.  We have no idea of any details of that trip.  Frontrunner herself is grounded so there's no texting or messaging coming from her direction.  And from what I understand, kids today have no idea that phones can be used for talking into.  Its almost as though we never went at all.  So, today I started on yet another mission - encourage communication and prove to myself that yes, indeed, we did go to Faraway and it wasn't just a figment of my imagination.  I was kind of hoping Hubby would pick up the ball on this one but then again I forgot - I'm insane.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome.  So technically Hubby does drive me to insanity.  So does the child welfare system in the US.  Although I am understanding it more and more.  Not really the people but some of the rules.  Like the one that says an adoption can't be finalized until the child has lived with you for at least six months.  Once upon a time, I thought that was cruel and unusual punishment.  Now I completely understand it.  There is no way from meeting someone once or twice that you can tell if you will be compatible to live together forever.  That would be like getting married on your second date.  The odds of divorce would be pretty high in that case and as I see it, the odds of failure would be far greater if you finalize when a child first moves in with you.  Its a six month trial period for everyone involved.  Everyone.  And I have the feeling it will be the toughest six months of my life.  What have I gotten myself into?  I want to hit that switch and spread some light on the whole subject.  I'm just afraid my bulb is about to burn out.

1 comment: