PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, September 5, 2011

From Now On, Just Call Me Becky

Wow.  Last month was my weakest month for views of this blog.  Its my fault because I just didn't have enough postings but I've been preoccupied with lots of things.  Hopefully, I will be able to post more this month.  Fingers crossed.  It also made me wonder if people out there in interweb land are actually interested in what I have to say?  Who am I to think that people are actually interested in my opinions and feelings?  Oh well,  I guess its the depression talking again.  I hate when it rears its ugly head - especially when I don't realize it.  But there is something that I have recently discovered that overrides my depression.  Of course, its shopping, but it is a particular store called Charming Charlie.  It is an accessory store with thousands of necklaces, bracelets, rings, scarves, wallets, purses, watches - you name it, they've got it!  I feel like a kid in a candy store when I go there.  Everything is reasonably priced which is great.  The problem lies in that there is so much stuff you're bound to find numerous things in one trip taking your total well beyond where you want it to be.  After my first visit, where I was shopping for a gift, I made it a rule that I can only buy one thing for myself each time I go there.  The funny thing is that I don't even really wear accessories.  But while in the store, I decided I will start.  I will wear necklaces and then I will be known as the girl who wears the cool necklaces.  It was at that moment that I realized "Omg!  I am Becky Bloomwood from the Shopaholic books."  I was literally rationalizing my shopping the exact same way she does.  (If you've read the books, you'll know exactly what I mean.  If you haven't read the books, run out and get a copy right now.  Its ok.  I allow you to spend the money.)  My shopping habit has led me to unconciously lead the life of a fictious character.  Wonderful.  Just what I always wanted.  To become so ridiculous that I equate to something that someone else has invented in their imagination.  Pretty sad I know.  Makes me feel kind of depressed.  Maybe I need another trip to Charming Charlie.  Maybe I'll get a bracelet this time.  Ooo . . . then I could be know as the girl who wears matching necklaces and bracelets.  <grin>

No comments:

Post a Comment