PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New! Improved! Glee Duct Tape!

I have noticed something and I think it may just be the cause for the downturn in the economy - celebrities.  I believe that celebrities are personally responsible for the unemployment rate in this country.  I have no problem with an actor who is an actor, or an athlete who is an athlete.  My problem is with the jack-of-all-trades celebrities.  They aren't content to make millions of dollars doing the one thing they do best.  They have to then branch out and add other occupations to their resumes.  They are now also designing clothes and writing books and developing scents (really, who wants to smell like Sarah Jessica Parker?).  They are taking up jobs that could be held by other people.  If you thought it was difficult to break into the field of writing children's books before, good luck now that Kathie Lee Gifford, Tori Spelling and Jamie Lee Curtis are publishing their prose for tots.  And that Maria Sharapova (I know I spelled THAT wrong!)  She is designing clothes.  Alright, ok, maybe they're clothes for playing tennis.  Yeah, if you want to play tennis in five inch stiletto boots.  Nothing athletic about those duds.  I have news for some of you celebrities - People are just buying your junk because your name is on it.  You are not necessarily talented in that field.  I mean if Lea Michelle were to make her own brand of duct tape, I'm sure tweens everywhere would be snatching it up, whether it actually sticks or not.  Oh, and the singing.  Don't get me started.  Just because we like to see your face on a screen does not mean you have a voice good enough to make music.  Just sayin'.  Anyway, to all the wanna-be musicians, designers, writers and those in other celebrity infested professions, I wish you much luck in the pursuit of your dreams.  Celebrities, all I can say is - stop hogging up all the jobs!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, funny post, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally buy Lea Michelle's duct tape. hahahah. Perhaps more the fact that it is duct tape and less the fact its Lea's. But, I think you have a very solid point here.

    ReplyDelete