PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Making a List and Checking It Twice . . . Three times . . . Okay One Last Time and I'm Done I Swear . . .

It is better to overreact given the situation.  I was right.  I'm not crazy.  I heard what I heard and I knew I heard it.  That said, I didn't learn much new at therapy yesterday.  Except maybe that fact that I should be going weekly and not monthly at this point.  Too many things going on.  Too much stress.  Too many major life decisions involving major life changes for me not to have a sounding board at this point.  The trouble now is that Hubby thinks my sounding board is swaying me in one direction.  I look at it more as snapping me back into reality.  Either way, my feelings on this are worse than hormonal mood swings.  All I know is I cannot put myself through this again.  If its not gonna work this time, then its just not gonna work.  Period.  I need a good list of pros and cons.  And not one of those bogus lists of pros and cons that I always make where everything is a pro and a con.  I need to stick to the facts and feelings and decide if each item is a pro or a con.  Maybe that will at least help me to think things through a bit.  And I like making lists.  I do.  I will even add things to my list of things to do that aren't on it.  If I have forgotten to put something on there, I will write it on once I finish it just so I can cross it off.  Drawing that little line through an item gives me such a feeling of accomplishment.  But then again, I never know when to end the lists.  At what point do you stop adding things.  When will my list of pros and cons be complete?  When I am happy with the column that has won?  When I have thought of every infinite possibility that could maybe occur?  God the thought of making a list is stressing me out.  It's not on my list but I think I'll go take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Go take a nap. Then when you wake up, you can write it on your list and cross it off with a feeling of accomplishment. =)

    ReplyDelete