PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birth Day!

I heard it once, I don't remember where but someone once said "Babies come with hats".  It is true.  If you've ever seen a picture of a new baby, he or she is most likely wearing a hat.  You have the baby, they take it to clean it up and check it out and "ta-da" when it returns, it is wearing a hat.  I'm sure there is a reason for it.  I'm just not sure what it is.  All I know is babies come with hats.  I was reminded of this today because in the wee hours of this morning, my brother and his wife had their first baby.  (Yes, I became an auntie once again.)  It is a baby girl.  After finding out all of the details (length, weight, time of birth, etc. ), my next response since I live at a distance was to ask for a picture.  Through the marvels of modern technology, five minutes later I had picture in hand of the little bundle of joy.  And lo and behold, she was wearing a little hat.  And it was not just the average baby cap.  She was sporting a multi-colored, striped, toboggan style hat with not one, but two pom-poms on top.  She was stylin'.  For a twelve hour old, that's pretty impressive.  Who knew newborns had such fashion sense?  When my daughter came into this world, all she got was a little pink cap.  Not that I'm complaining but oh how the times have changed.  Anyway, the purpose of this blog is to say "congratulations" to my brother and sister-in-law and "welcome to the world" to their sweet little muchkin.  We are happy to have you as a member of the family. 
Let the spoiling commence!

1 comment:

  1. So many congrats to them!

    Funny, tho ... T didn't come with a hat. His head was too big! lol

    ReplyDelete