PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Mix It Up

I have made a recent rediscovery.  I love music.  I'm not talking about turning on the radio in the car and singing along with whatever happens to be on.  I'm talking about finding those old favorites, digging them out and dusting them off.  Reconnect with yourself through music.  Remember who you are.  For most people, who they are is easily reflected in the music they like.  Find those songs that, as far as you're concerned, just won't ever be out of style.  Make a collection.  Remember the old mix tape?  Remember sitting there with the cassette recorder trying to get the perfect mix?  Getting that seamless line up where the songs flow and aren't all disjointed.  I have made some mix CDs recently and I am so loving them.  I have one of upbeat stuff and one of mellow stuff and one of my top favs.  So I encourage you to get in touch with yourself through melodies, rhythms and lyrics.  You'll be surprised the memories and the moods they evoke.  If you're looking for something new, here's my current top ten.  What's yours?

10.  And So It Goes - Billy Joel
9.  Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
8.  The Way - Fastball
7.  Human - The Killers
6.  I Want Love - Elton John
5.  Santa Monica - Everclear
4.  One of God's Better People - Robbie Williams
3.  Just a Girl - No Doubt
2.  Good Riddance - Green Day
1.  Gravity - Sara Bareilles

Happy Listening!

1 comment:

  1. Good choices! Some of those I haven't heard, but will have to check out. =)

    ReplyDelete