PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hold on to Your Cookies

Ladies and Gentlmen, welcome to our ride.  Please keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times.  Stay seated and do not remove your safety harness.  We are glad you are here and hope that you enjoy your ride on the Adoption Roller Coaster.

Yes, that's actually what it feels like.  I'm not kidding.  Yesterday, I was in total gloomsville after being turned down for one child after another.  Today, I am high as a kite.  Yesterday, late afternoon, I spoke to the social worker for our front-runner.  She was ecstatic to hear from me and was thrilled to hear that we are still interested.  We set up a date for a "Family Team Meeting" where us, our worker, her worker, her foster parents, and her therapist will all have a conference call about the front-runner.  Then we will review a presentation notebook that is basically everything you ever wanted to know about front-runner but were afraid to ask.  If we are still in it for the long haul after that one, then the social worker, the therapist, and foster parents sit front runner down and tell her they have a family for her.  I think she will be happy.  Once she finds out we are approximately 20 hours away in Suburbia maybe not so much.  But that is what her team is there for.  They are there to help her understand that this is a good thing.  If she is ok with everything, then we start visits and she will eventually move in with us.  So even though we could hit a snag somewhere along the way, it is looking very good for us.  So at the moment I am on cloud nine.  I am relishing this time in heaven for fear I come crashing back down to earth with another disappointment.  Up and down.  Up and down. Upside down and inside out.  With each phone call, we are whipped one direction and then another.  When you get off this ride, you are definitely ready to toss your cookies. 

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!! Well, I am DEFINITELY keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!! I know you and I know that Front Runner would have a wonderful life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk! I'm so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I'm so excited for you! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
    Lots of hugs from me

    ReplyDelete