PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flat Lining

I am unlucky.  Always have been.  I think its a family curse.  My mom and dad are unlucky.  My brother is unlucky.  I am unlucky.  I am so unlucky that not only did we have a copper theft at the house we are trying to sell this week, yesterday we got a flat tire.  Yup.  Drove over a nail randomly hanging out on the road.  No contruction.  Nothing.  Just a random nail.  Now I guess you could look at it and say I was lucky because it wasn't raining at the time we changed the flat, but that's not luck that's finding the silver lining if you ask me.  The saying is right there always is a silver lining.  The problem is that most of the time the situation sucks so bad that the silver lining is nothing compared to the storm cloud its hanging out with.  But nevertheless, I do try to always find the silver lining.  I haven't found it yet regarding the theft.  I'm trying to focus on the good things in my life.  I have a wonderful husband.  I have an awesome daughter.  I have a home and almost everything that I need (I say almost because I do need to get groceries at the moment).  I just have to stay focused on what I do have and let the bad things that happen, just happen.  If only those bad things didn't all turn out to be so expensive.  But I will look on the bright side.  Or at least I will convince myself that's what I'm going to do.  Focus on the silver lining.  At least its not a copper lining :)

1 comment:

  1. Just proves that the price of silver is going down! lol (sorry - couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete