PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stuck in "The Middle" Again

So, I mentioned the other day that we spent Halloween in the car.  Well, we did.  Due to something beyond anyone's control, my parents could not leave Hometown to drive the 5 hours to Suburbia to see my daughter perform.  Instead, they had the great idea to meet in the middle of the journey for lunch.  We drive for 2 1/2 hours and so do they.  We have lunch in The Middle.  They wouldn't get to see her perform which was the whole point of the trip but I let that go.  I made an exception this time due to the circumstances, but ordinarily, I hate meeting in The Middle.  See the meal isn't a problem.  The problem is that once the meal is over - then what.  There is not much to do in The Middle.  There is no real place to go just to sit and talk.  We usually end up meeting at a rest stop, eating, loitering in the parking lot of the eating establishment, going to The Middle mall or other stores and then loitering in their parking lots.  Loitering not being one of the more popular ways to pass time, I am usually uncomfortable with this.  My parents don't seem to mind but it bothers me to be doing something technically illegal.  I just prefer to have a homebase whether that be my house or a hotel room, but my car does not qualify.  This time there was a crisis, but I feel as though if my daughter never had performances or a birthday, they wouldn't come out here at all.  They would be content to meet in The Middle every now and then and see us when we make one of our four trips to Hometown per year.  I am at a loss as to what to say but I am done meeting in parking lots and at rest stops.  My stress level just can't take it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry doll. I wouldn't like doing that either. It seems to be more of an inconvenience than a visit.

    ReplyDelete