PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Do or Do Not, There is No Try

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was a skinny girl.  Nowadays, I need to lose weight.  The more things I try on from my closet, the more I know this.  Sure I joke around about it but I need to figure out a way to actually make this happen.  The problem is two fold: 1) I don't like to exercise and 2) I like to eat.  My weight problem is physics gone bad.  I am a victim of inertia - you know, where a body at rest will stay at rest and a body in motion will stay in motion.  So if I can just motivate myself off of the couch, maybe I can stay in motion and call it exercise.  I am also very persistent.  Well, ok, not persistent as much as stubborn.  Once I start something I will do it every day until I cannot do it one day then the body at rest stays at rest.  I just tend to give up.  One slip and I'm a lost cause.  I know my weight gain has a lot to do with my depression because it was the depression meds that made me gain the weight in the first place, but I think this whole thing has much more to do with my chronic depression than I realize.  When you don't see yourself as having value, why better yourself.  Why put forth the effort?  Which leads you to overeat, which leads you to be more depressed.  How does one break free of this vicious cycle?  I think I have been in denial.  We don't have a lot of mirrors in our house and the ones we do have I avoid.  I feel like the same skinny girl I was back in college and when I do catch sight of myself in a mirror, I am horrified.  To think that I (with the assistance of the meds) caused this.  We do eat out a lot and I'm sure that is not helping.  My Five Weeks to Financial Betterification is passing quickly.  I could easily kill two birds with one stone (a saying which I hate) by eating out less.  More money, less weight.  Win/win right?  So why don't I just do it?  I have to remember that inertia only happens until the object (me) is acted upon by an outside force.  An outside force.  That's it.  If I could just find the force to make me skinny again.  Where is Yoda when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment