PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh Boy Santa!

Funny Flashback -
About a decade ago, we lived in rural England.  Having moved there in the summer and realizing we would be limited in our "Santa" options, my hubby and I made the best with what we could find come November and December.  Our daughter, who was three years old at the time, wasn't really raised with gender specific roles so we thought she'd be open to anything.  One of the gifts we selected for her was a Hot Wheels race track.  We happily stayed up late Christmas Eve wrapping the gifts rather proud of ourselves for accomplishing Christmas in a foreign land with limited resources.  The morning came and wouldn't you know that the first present our daughter opened was that Hot Wheels track.  She excitedly tore the paper off of it.  Upon seeing what it was, she threw it down on the floor and proclaimed in tears "Santa thinks I'm a BOY!!!!!"  After much reassurance, a few more gifts, and mom and dad "playing" with the "oh-so-fun" track and cars, she recovered and a wonderful Christmas was had by all, but we were left with a memory we will never forget :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! That's funny to me because my dad REALLY wanted a son. He had two girls, so... I was it :-) I always got RC cars, sports equipment, etc - and I loved it!

    But it's also probably why I'm 27 and only just now learning how to put my own makeup on and match my clothes :-)

    BTW, I'm Jen's coworker and she sent me your blog

    Sarah Nicolas
    www.sarahnicolas.com

    ReplyDelete