PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Say Cheese! II - The Continuing Saga

My daughter got her school pictures back the other day and, well, her hair is green.  Not completely green.  More like 1/3 green.  See they used a green screen and then inserted the background of our choice after the fact.  The problem lies in her blond hair.  Apparently the little wisps of hair as well as the edges of her hair were a problem with the green screen.  Great.  I called the company who said she will have to have retakes done and that she should brush her hair flat immediately before having the picture taken.  Gee.  Voluntary helmet-hair.  My daughter will be thrilled.  So after some discussion with the photography company, I was able to arrange for her to have her picture taken in the traditional way without the green screen.  This should solve the problem but the thing that upset me was their non-chalentness about the whole thing.  The woman I spoke to was in no way surprised that her hair was green.  She even asked right away if she is a blond.  So obviously, they have had problems with this process before on blonds.  Why offer a product that you know sometimes doesn't work.  They are not charging me for the retakes but it is a matter of principle.  If you made a car and the brakes worked pretty well most of the time, that wouldn't cut it.  So why are they able to offer a product that doesn't work sometimes.  I paid a pretty penny for those pictures and having them done right the first time was, forgive me, an expectation of mine.  Now, my daughter (and us for that matter) will have to go through the stress of another school picture day.  We can't get the pose and the background we wanted unless we go the hair-pasted-to-the-head route.  Maybe I'll choose the green background so we can remember the trials and tribulations of this year's school pictures.  Nah, why invite trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Well, gosh, maybe she just shouldn't look so darn purty, then!! Wow, that's pretty pathetic. I'd make sure the district knows about that. Hopefully, next year her senior pics won't be so full of hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn's pics came back with her face being a bit green (pixelated) but I didn't really notice until after I had them cut up and ready to go. Next year I'm going to study them before I decide to keep them or to call and bitch!

    ReplyDelete