PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pick a Date - Any Date

Last night was trick-or-treat here in Suburbia.  Two hours of sitting with my front door open and the glass out of my screen door to pass out treats to a total of seven trick-or-treaters.  Seven.  The funny thing is that's not even a record for the fewest trick-or-treaters to come to our house.  That record stands at one.  But it was nice to pass out candy to the kids who did come to our door.  Hubby was not in a very Halloween type mood.  He was quite disappointed that trick-or-treat was not on Halloween.  To be honest, I don't get it either.  Why not have trick-or-treat on Halloween?  Hubby says that without trick-or-treat, Halloween is just another day.  He's kind of right.  Today we spent five hours total in the car to drive half way across the state of Ohio to meet my parents for lunch.  (They like to do this.  I'll expain in a later post.)  They had Halloween gifts for us and that made it seem like Halloween but that was it.  Nobody at the restaurant was dressed up.  No wishes of Happy Halloween as we left.  Nothing on the radio to lead you to believe it was a special day.  Without all of the scary stuff on television to watch, it just seemed like any other day.  Rather disappointing I must admit.  I don't know what I was expecting but I agree with Hubby.  Trick-or-treating on Halloween is just the way it should be.  A friend of mine lives in Salem, Massachusetts on the road to Gallows Hill.  Maybe next year we'll go visit her for Halloween.  Somehow I think Salem would be a little more full of the Halloween spirit.  Happy Candy Day Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I totally get that. With all the moving we've done, it's nice to be back in an area that actually has Halloween on Oct 31! Kids were even dressed up at school on Friday. Imagine that - costumes, in school?! LOVE IT!! Hollyannn actually even went trick-or-treating last night with her bff & family. If you can't make it to MA next year, come visit us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been to Salem on Halloween and it's chaotic...fun but crazy. I don't think anyone should have the right to change the date of trick or treating. It was on the 31st here and we got about 160 kids...down from last year but I was still pleased. Now what to do with all the left over candy?????

    ReplyDelete