PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Tuesday

Tonight and tomorrow they are calling for snow in Suburbia and I am so excited.  We are even in a winter weather advisory.  I love when it snows.  Now I'm not talking about a dusting of snow although that does get me a little excited. But just a little bit.  No. I'm talking about there's-no-point-in-shoveling-because-its-just-gonna-snow-over-again-before-I'm-finished snow.  Even though I am a full grown adult, I can barely sleep when I know it is supposed to snow overnight.  In the morning, I love to get up with my daughter and watch the television screen waiting for her school's name to flash across bottom with the word closed after it.  It brings back great memories of sitting and listening as the radio announcer alphabetically listed the names of all the schools in the Hometown area that were closed.  The joy that hearing that one little word could bring.  I love it because I have a flexible job and can stay home if it snows too bad.  There is just something about being stuck at home all comfy and cozy for the whole day with mugs of cocoa.  Its like a dream day for me.  Like its own mini-vacation.  No worries.  No cares.  No obligations.  Just rest and relaxation.  An unexpected gift.  A surprise extra 24 hours of me-time with no guilt attached.  I think it helps that my daughter is older and there is no "will you go sledding with me" and "let's build a snowman".  I don't have to deal with packing on layers of clothes just to have to take them off again because someone has to pee before they go outside.  Nope.  I look forward to the snow.  And why am I writing this today and not tomorrow when the snow is actually here.  Because I don't trust the weatherman.  Too many times they have gotten my hopes up calling for snow just to be let down when there is no white stuff to be found.  So today I revel in my anticipation because tomorrow - ITS GOING TO SNOW!  YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I love when it snows because it makes my children happy and it's fun to see their excitement when you have let them sleep in, and they realize they got an extra 2 hours of sleep!

    ReplyDelete