PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where's My Rosie?

This is a note to any men out there in the cyber world who may end up reading this.  Women love shopping.  Well, most women as far as I can tell.  There is something however that you must understand about this love of shopping.  FOOD SHOPPING DOES NOT COUNT.  I'm sorry.  I know that some may argue that shopping is shopping but food shopping is a whole beast of its own.  There is nothing exciting about making a list, filling up the cart, sticking to a budget and lugging it all into the house to put it away.  It should not even be called shopping.  It should be called torture.  There is nothing to try on there.  No colors to choose from.  No clearance rack . . . no, I stand corrected on that one.  Have you ever seen the clearance rack at the grocery store?  Its sad really.  Everything is bashed and dented and smashed beyond recognition.  There are no sweet finds on the clearance rack at the grocery store.  The whole process is excruciating - picking items off the shelf and putting them in the cart like a robot.  That's what they should invent.  A robot to do your grocery shopping for you.  You could just scan in your list and then hit the Starbucks and wait while your own little personal robot gathers your necessities.  That would be great.  I would so go to a store that offered that service.  I'd even pay more for the groceries.  I have heard of some places that do grocery delivery.  You simply shop on-line and the groceries are delivered to your door.  There's only two catches: 1) You have to live in their ridiculously limited delivery area and 2) You have to sell your first born to be able to afford the groceries.  I'm all for paying more for a good service but a $7  half gallon of milk is a bit ridiculous.  So men, back to you, we do not like to grocery shop.  It is not real shopping.  It is merely gathering.  We are gatherers, yes, but if you want to go with that arguement, that makes you the hunters and I don't imagine many of you willing to slay tonight's main course.  I just need to find someone who likes grocery shopping to do it for me.  That's it.  I just need my own personal assistant.  That would solve a lot of my problems.  And if it were a robot like I mentioned before, I wouldn't have to pay it a salary.  Just the one time cost of purchase then charge her up and away she goes.  A robot maid.  Like on "The Jetsons".  Hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I'm starting to suspect I am, in fact, a man... I hate shopping... lol

    ReplyDelete