PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peace, Love, and Pajamas

And today on a lighter note - I love my pajamas.  I stay in them all day if I possibly can.  My family even has "Pajama Days" where we do.  If I didn't have to go to work and retrieve food from the local mega-store, I would live in my pajamas.  There is nothing more comfy and fun than a pair of fuzzy flannels with duckies or monkeys or owls all over.  I love my jammies so much that I have no problem going out in the car in them.  I drop my daughter off for school some days in them.  I pick her up from activities in them.  I will even go through a restaurant drive-thru in them.  I see nothing wrong with this.  My daughter has grown accustomed to seeing me waiting in the car in my pajamas.  My hubby thinks I am insane.  He does not agree with my casual-day-to-the-extreme attitude.  He thinks if you leave the house for any reason, you should get dressed.  I agree with that to a point.  If you are going further than the driveway/mailbox or are getting out of the car, then by all means, get dressed.  But for most of us our car is just an extension of our home anyway.  Why not feel comfortable there?  I wish it was socially acceptable to wear my jammies everywhere.  Imagine being that comfy and cozy at work.  Or how much better shopping would be if you were able to do it in your jammies.  Many people enjoy these now through the magic of the internet.  What is the big attraction to working or shopping from home?  That you can do it in your jammies.  I think that if we all wore our jammies around, we'd be a lot nicer as a people in general.  Can you really be rude to someone decked out in a sheep print?  Could you get made at someone wearing a cows jumping over the moon print?  I think the world would be a much better place if we all wore our jammies around.  Maybe this is it.  The answer to world peace.  Pajamas.  Someone call the UN and tell them I've solved world peace with my jammies.  Now if only I could solve world hunger with my Snuggie.  Hmmmmm . . .

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. I like pjs too but I can't for the life of me stay in them all day. I've tried...trust me. I can't even stay in them all day when I'm home sick. I'm weird. :)

    ReplyDelete