PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Friday, October 1, 2010

8,935,200 Minutes With You

Today is the birthday of my marriage or my anniversary if you like to simplify things.  My husband is wonderful and my life is pretty darn satisfying, but there is one thing that I dread about my anniversary.  There are a few people who shall remain nameless who will wish me a happy anniversary and it will be followed by the silly question "What did you get?"  Um, ok, let's see.  I got to spend the last 17 years with my soulmate.  That's what I got and it's a wicked awesome gift if you ask me.  I don't really need to receive a tangible token of my hubby's love to mark this event.  He tells me he loves me and that's enough.  In fact, he tells me that every day.  I don't need to get a bauble or a trinket to know it.  I know it in my heart.  There's only one gift that I want today and that's to get to spend at least a portion of it with him.  I thank God that we can be together and cherish every moment we share, I thank the forces that brought us together way back when and I thank him for putting up with me and my antics for yet another year.  Hmmmm . . . maybe I should get him a little thank you gift . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment