PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just a McThought . . . or Two

Today I drove through the McDrive-Thru and had two odd things happen: 

1)  When I arrived at the pick-up window, I was asked to please pull in one of the parking spaces off to my right and my food would be brought out to me when ready.  Ok, I thought this was fast food and this doesn't seem very fast but I pull into a spot anyway.  Then I notice that the parking spot and the one next to it are designated McParking spaces for drive-thru customers only.  I sat and stared at the sign thinking this makes no sense.  If I am a drive-thru customer, why am I not driving but sitting here waiting on my food.  There is a reason they don't call it the "you just don't have to leave your car line."  But at that point the McWorker knocked on my window with my food, so I stopped trying to wrap my mind around this brain teaser because I was distracted by the smell of grease.  Mmmmmm . . .

2)  When I looked in my bag, I found out I had the correct McOrder!  I was amazed.  This almost never happens.  Sometimes I think the drive-thru people give you the wrong thing on purpose just to see who will get out of their cars and come into the restaurant.  Taco Bell is notorious for this.  We are constantly counting the number of things that come in our bag.  We can't make sure they are correct because its Taco Bell - its not designed in any way for car consumption, but at least we can make sure we get the quantity of food we have paid for.  Yet they can't even seem to get that part right.  I don't want your free Cinnamon Twists.  I want what I ordered.  I don't think anyone actually buys those anyway.  I think they are made purely as a consolation prize for having to come into the restaurant.  The solution to this problem: I think that every restaurant with a drive-thru should be required to have one designated delivery person.  If you get home and have the wrong stuff, instead of you getting back in your car and driving across town, the delivery person should deliver the correct food items to your door. Ta da!  You'd always have the right food - even when you got the wrong food.

Just something that's on my mind and I thought I would McShare.  In case you hadn't noticed, I spent money on food someone else has cooked yet again.  Wonderful!  Day 5 of the Five Weeks to Financial Betterification plan is a failure.  Second McJob here I come :(

1 comment:

  1. Yes, fast food is a frutration of mine, which is why I rareley ever do drive-thru anymore. And I only go in when absolutley needed. The mall, however, seems to be the best place for a meal like that - you're right there anyway, so if it's wrong, you haven't left yet! lol

    ReplyDelete