PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Great Christmas Tree Debate

My husband will not let me put up the Christmas tree yet.  I know.  I know.  You are most likely thinking "but its only October."  My reasoning is simple.  My parents are coming in two weeks and I want them to see my Christmas tree.  I love Christmas.  Love it, love it, love it.  I would have my Christmas decorations up all year if I could.  I understand that is not the social norm and I abide by this restriction imposed on me by society, but when you are the person in the house to drag out all of the Christmas crap and get it all set up, you really want to reap the benefits of your efforts.  You want people to see it.  I want my parents to see it.  My parents have only come to visit me and my family at Christmas once in the ten years we have lived here.  That is hard for me.  I know that the weather can be a factor in the five hour drive.  I also know that it is a hard trip on my dad being disabled.  However, they come at other times of the year and this year they are coming in the middle of October which is close enough for me.  I want to put up my Christmas tree so that they will see it.  Every year, I deck my halls in the hope they will come just to be disappointed.  All that work and they never see it.  Hardly anyone sees it.  My in-laws are my lone Christmas witnesses and I love them for this.  Maybe I should throw a Christmas party to show off my tree?  Anyone want to come to my house this Christmas?  Any time after mid-October would be good.  The tree will be up and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Any excuse to bring festive cheer into the home is a good one. Tell hubby to stop being Grinchy ;) I understand, I adore Christmas (possibly because my birthday is a couple of days beforehand) and spend all year planning our celebrations. I sing carols and festive songs year-round too :D If I lived closer I would be round in a heartbeat and you would be here too. Hugs and Christmas Cheer. xxx

    ReplyDelete