PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GRAMMAR FREE ZONE!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Knock-Knock! Who's There?

Since I am in a Halloweeny kind of mood, I'd just like to say one thing.  I know some of you will not understand this but - I hate Halloween.  I like the pumpkins and the cute little trick-or-treaters but the rest I could do without.  I'm just not into the whole fear factor that many people associate with Halloween today.  I don't even like going to stores in the month of October because of some of the gory decorations.  Heck, I was wary of taking my daughter out to trick-or-treat when she was little.  But I'm not a total party pooper, I do buy candy and pass it out to the trick-or-treaters (all five that actually come to my house).  But let me state this right off the bat, if you are 10 years old or older and you want to come to my door and you're not wearing a costume, just forget it.  It really annoys me to no end when I have to pause The Nightmare Before Christmas and answer the door just to find a bunch of teens in sweatclothes with face paint on.  If you're not going to make the effort, why should I.  I'm thinking about buying something like toothbrushes or healthy snacks to give to these young hoodlums.  Maybe then next year they won't come back.  Don't get me wrong.  If you are in a costume, you get a treat.  Doesn't matter how old you are.  Heck, I give treats to the parents with the guts to dress up and take their children around the neighborhood.  Grown-ups like candy too.  My motto is if you're going to dress up and go door to door in the most likely cold Suburbia weather, you deserve something.  Heck, I even give treats to people at my door when its not Halloween.  Ask the Mormons.  They always leave with caffeine free soda and snacks.  I wonder if the Mormons decided to knock on your door at Halloween how would you know if they were real Mormons or just trick-or-treaters dressed up as Mormons?  Hmmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment